Place of Publication: Moscow, Idaho (1878-1879)
Volume and Issue Data: At least one issue during the winter of 1878-1879
Size and Format: Unknown?
Editor/Publisher: R.H. Barton, G.P. Richardson and Dr. William Taylor (1878-1879)
Title Changes and Continuation: None
General Description and Notes:
According to An Illustrated History of North Idaho, the Moscow Argus was the first paper in Latah County, Idaho. “It was published in the winter of 1878-79 by the Moscow Literary Society and its editors were R.H. Barton, George P. Richardson, and Dr. William Taylor. They had no printing press, so the paper was written out by hand and was read at regular weekly meetings of the society.”
Bibliography: Bert Cross,”History of Moscow’s Newspapers,” in Moscow Centennial edition, Idahonian; Kenneth L. Robison, “Idaho Territorial Newspapers,” unpublished M.S. thesis, University of Oregon, 1966; An Illustrated History of North Idaho Containing Nez Perce, Idaho, Latah, Kootenai, and Shoshone Counties (Western Historical Publishing Co., 1903) p. 1219.